I work on larger, longer projects for consultants and investors who need reliable information on Brazil, especially on financing and capital markets/Bovespa.
These projects typically include in-depth interviews, usually in Portuguese, with a wide ranging and eclectic array of sources, seeking to tease out conclusions on trends in Brazilian industry and the economy. I carry out selected due diligence work.
I have interviewed economists, industrialists, business managers, consultants, lawyers, chambers of commerce, state and federal politicians as well as Union leaders, factory floor managers, human resources personnel and more.
Areas of coverage
- Macro themes (including main drivers of the Brazilian economy, trend analysis, discussions and predictions)
- Banking (including retail and corporate, credit trends, smaller banks, legislation-operations & risk)
- Investment banking (ECM, DCM, secondary markets, research and broking)
- Asset management industry (particularly equity and multimercado or hedge funds)
- Private equity (firms and their investments. I have travelled extensively in Brazil meeting entrepreneurs)
- Infrastructure (particularly structuring of financial packages)
- Corporate governance.
This is by no means an exhaustive list.
For more information on the work I undertake and/or a project quote, please get in touch.